One of the leading advertising agencies in the area, AXIOM, is opening it’s doors to provide a valuable learning experience for several graphic design students this semester. Working with our team of creative professionals, the selected student(s) will gain a true understanding of the strategy, process, techniques and talent that are behind every communication message and campaign. They will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with our marketing strategists, media team, copywriters, creative and art director, designers and web developers to deliver results for our clients.
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN OPPORTUNITY
The Graphic Designer will translate design specifications into deliverables, integrate text and graphics, prepare and finalize files for vendors, and ensure all materials are correctly archived.
- Working understanding of layout, type, and color
- Sense of design trends and space relationships
- Solid production skills with web design familiarity
- Demonstrate photo/image manipulation and transformation skills, pulling out bleed, resizing and cropping, retouching, isolations, as needed.
- Demonstrate expertise in placing graphics and text
- Excellent attention to detail such as file size optimization, spelling & grammar, mechanical specifications
- Produce print media, including, but not limited to, postcards, business cards, advertisements, fliers, brochures, and posters
- Produce final files for release to print and digital vendors
- Responsible for consistent logo usage and style and process guidelines across clients’ brands
- Ability to ensure projects are organized by priority and deadlines are met in a timely manner, considering all steps from concept to delivery
MUST have Adobe Suite, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop experience. Ability to receive constructive feedback and criticism. Highly organized, detail oriented, and ability to multitask..