AXIOM of Evansville, Indiana has an immediate opening for a part-time Media Buyer.
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or advertising and at least one year experience in a related field. Progress towards a degree will also be considered.
The responsibilities include assisting the Media Director in conducting research, developing media strategies, negotiating and purchasing media.
Additionally the Media Buyer will be involved in stewardship of media campaigns including auditing, invoicing, reporting and post-buy analysis for multiple clients.
This is a part-time, hourly position with the expectation of a minimum of 20 hours each week. Hours can be flexible within the Monday-Friday 8a-5p work week and subject to approval.
Job Title: Part-Time Media Buyer
Reports To: Media Director
The Part-Time Media Buyer assists the Media Director in conducting research, developing media strategies, purchasing and negotiating media. Additionally the Media Buyer will be involved in stewardship of media campaigns including auditing, invoicing, reporting and posting for multiple clients.
- Maintains relationships with media representatives
- Acts as the liaison between media companies and clients
- Considers the budget of the client regarding media space and chooses the best possible outlet to communicate the message
- Researches, analyzes and prepares media plans for client proposals
- Meets with creative and sales teams as needed to coordinate launch of media campaigns
- Attends client meeting and presentations as needed
- Implements approved plans, negotiates cost of media to obtain most competitive rates, prepares buys, checks confirmations, monitors schedules and negotiates makegoods
- Assembles and regularly updates client reports
- Audits vendor invoices and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Maintains client and vendor files
- Other duties may be assigned
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills and ability to read, analyze and interpret vendor and industry information
- Clear writing skills to compile reports and write business correspondence
- Exceptional communication skills to present information clearly
- High attention to detail and mathematical skills in order to work with numbers and spreadsheets
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Familiarity with media buying software such as STRATA a plus
- Ideal candidate can dedicate a minimum of 20 hours each week. Hours can be flexible within the Monday-Friday 8a – 5p work week and subject to approval.
Education & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business management, advertising or other related subjects
- 1 year experience in marketing, media or related field
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- While performing duties employee is regularly required to sit, type, talk on in person and over the phone. Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to stand and walk lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
No phone calls or personal visits, please.
AXIOM is an equal opportunity employer.